Dr. Fitzmaurice attended Kansas State University in Manhattan, KS, where he received his bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. As an undergraduate, his research focused on research reactors and neutron detection.
Dr. Fitzmaurice continued his studies at Texas A&M University in College Station, TX, where he received a master’s and doctoral degree in Nuclear Engineering. As a graduate student, his research efforts ranged from health physics instrumentation, microdosimetry, nuclear safeguards and security, food irradiation, MCNP simulations, and computer aided solving of complex equations.
Dr. Fitzmaurice is originally from Lenexa, Kansas.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nuclear Engineering – Texas A&M University
- Master’s of Science in Nuclear Engineering – Texas A&M University
- Bachelor’s of Science in Mechanical Engineering – Kansas State University
- American Association of Physicists in Medicine
- American Nuclear Society
- Health Physics Society
- Institute of Nuclear Materials Management
Mr. Carrico joined West Physics upon completing his Master’s degree in Medical Physics at Purdue University. As a graduate student he contributed to research on the use of P-31 MR Spectroscopy to assess recurrence of hepatocellular carcinoma.
Prior to this, Mr. Carrico performed orbit analysis and developed flight dynamics software for commercial, civil, and defense clients as an aerospace engineer at a private company. He received his Bachelor’s of Science in Physics from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County.
Mr. Carrico is originally from Baltimore, Maryland.
- Master’s of Science in Medical Physics – Purdue University
- Bachelor’s of Science in Physics – University of Maryland, Baltimore County
Mr. Akbari joined West Physics after the completion of his Master’s degree from a CAMPAP-accredited Medical Physics program at the University of Kentucky. After achieving his Bachelor’s degree in Physics from Tehran University, he continued his education in Condensed Matter Physics at the University of Kentucky. Upon completion of his first Master’s degree, he joined the Department of Radiation Sciences where he received hands on experience on different Diagnostic Modalities. His research was focused on Magnetic Field Inhomogeneity measurements of Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
Mr. Akbari is originally from Tehran, Iran.
- Master’s of Science in Medical Physics – University of Kentucky
- Master’s of Science in Physics (Condensed Matter) – University of Kentucky
- Bachelor’s of Science in Physics – Tehran University
Mr. Ranatunga joined West Physics after the completion of his Master’s of Science Degree in Medical Physics at Hofstra University in New York. Throughout his graduate studies, he completed two research projects entitled Investigation of Patient Dose from Computer Tomography Examinations and Mammosite Brachytherapy Dosimetry: effect of contrast and air interface on skin dose.
Before joining West Physics, Mr. Ranatunga worked as a Medical Physicist for one of the leading healthcare systems in Sri Lanka. During that time he performed quality assurance testing of diagnostic imaging systems as well as medical laser systems.
Mr. Ranatunga is originally from Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Master’s of Science in Medical Physics – Hofstra University
- Master’s of Arts in Physics – Ball State University
- Master’s of Science in Nuclear Science – University of Colombo
- Bachelor’s of Science in Physics – University of Colombo